Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Scenic Landscape Drawings

Recently I posted in this blog an entry all about my Gothic Drawings. In this post I will talk about my landscape drawings that are also featured in my Etsy Shop. These types of drawings I have been doing since I was ten years old. For some reason I like to draw trees!


Landscape Drawings




Landscape Drawings Born From Charcoal



Landscape Drawings 2
Very rarely will I use a pencil to draw landscape drawings. I always use charcoal because I love the shades of black and gray I can create. I especially love this when creating the sky. During the winter I had a thought. I had been running my wood burning stove and had plenty of large chunks of charcoal. What was really cool was that each piece was different so that I was able to create some really cool textures and designs.





Landscape Drawings And Then Some



Along with my landscape drawings and my Gothic drawings I do have a few other things as well. I created a series of silhouette including a leaf and a dragonfly. What I did was instead of the subject being blacked out I made the background dark. In the drawing the subject is completely white. What I like about these drawings is the fact that they are very different then what most artists are offering. I also created a series of drawings featuring the same mystery woman and even did one of a sailboat along a beach.
dragonfly drawing

leaves drawing




Once Gone, Gone Forever



I have made the decision not to make any more drawings that will be available for sale. Once the landscape drawings as well as the others sell out my Etsy shop will only feature my electric hurricane lanterns. Each drawing I do is all drawn by me and each one is signed. You can see what I have to offer in my Etsy Shop here.
sailboat drawing



Please “Like and Share” this with others.














Mike M Burke
MikeMBurkeDesigns (ETSY SHOP)
LIKE ME on Facebook


Like these Landscape Drawings....then please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment