Saturday, September 21, 2013

Novelty Picture Frames Now In My Etsy Shop

Introducing my new Novelty Picture Frames. From trash to treasure I have created something really cool for all photography fans, movie fans, and alike.  These really cool frames can be hung on a wall or sit upon a table.



Novelty Picture Frames Explained



Novelty Picture Frame
Novelty Picture Frame - Style 1
These novelty picture frames are made from real wood but they feature something even better! I have created two versions. The first has a photo slide in each corner of the frame and then running down along the sides are real 35 mm film strips! The second version doesn't have the slides. There are only two available per style and they can hold up to a 4 x 6 photo. I came up with idea for these novelty picture frames when I was working on another huge project.




The Story Behind These Novelty Picture Frames



I have been involved with photography ever since I was seven years old. I had taken a modest amount of photos until I reached 14 years old and then I went crazy with an automatic 35 mm point and shoot! Two years later my uncle, who was a professional photographer and artist, gave me this great Olympus 35 mm SLR Camera. From that point on I began taking hundreds of landscape photographs and many of my pets! About 9 years ago I moved onto digital photography and left film behind. Digital is great because of all the things that I can do with those images. It’s super easy access, easy for me to edit them as needed, etc. As far as my print images, I was never happy with the results I got from scanners so they just sat in photo albums and boxes just wasting away.



Novelty Picture Frame 2
Novelty Picture Frame - Style 2
Recently I decided it was time to do something with all those old photos. I had photography books to make and photo prints to release. I got a hold a professional film and slide scanner and embarked on this enormous project of scanning 4,000 images! I had no idea I had that many. I even discovered images that the photo labs had never printed. What made these special is they were of my dogs who are no longer here. It was amazing to see something new from a time that no longer exists. I converted each image to digital and cleaned them up in Photoshop. The end result blew me away. These images were all stunning and looked far better than the original prints!  In the process I also found many blank film strips and bad film slides. I was going to throw them away but I waited. I knew that there must be something I can do with them. Soon after I had a vision of these novelty picture frames and I knew I was onto something really cool.



The Frames Are Born


I finally got around to making these and they are exactly what I pictured. These novelty picture frames are so perfect for anyone wanting to have something extremely rare and unique. I was only able to make two of each style and once they sell out I will never offer them again.  These will be a conversation piece for sure! These novelty picture frames can hold up to a 4x6 photo.



If you are interested in getting my novelty picture frames I will include a link for each style. I am really hoping to sell these fast and I’m sure photography and film fans will love these! Once they do sell out they will never be available again because I have no more film strips left! I also really like the fact that I have a story behind these frames and it wouldn't be the same if I sought out film strips that are being trashed.



For the picture frame with the slides and the film strips go here: STYLE 1 

For the novelty picture frames with just the film strips go here: STYLE 2




Dream Big, Believe In Yourself, And Anything Can Happen,














Mike M Burke
MikeMBurkeDesigns ETSY SHOP

"Like Me" on Facebook





Please share this about my novelty picture frames with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment